Children with Sensory Process Difficulties - Education Course
The Children with Sensory Processing Difficulties course will introduce sensory integration concepts, define and enhance your understanding of sensory processing dysfunction. This course is also geared towards helping you better identify the signs of over or under sensitivity to sensory input. We will also present common “red flags” for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-aged children and develop and integrate “sensory diet” into your child’s daily routines.
- Date: Saturday, March 1, 2014
- Time: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Cost: $20 by 2/24/2014
$25 after 2/24/2014
To register email email@example.com or call (509) 473-6079.
- Provide a thorough understanding of Sensory Processing difficulties affecting children and the impact this has on everyday life
- Explore ways of managing the child, the child’s environment and task-related demands that make each day a struggle
- Recognize the contribution of sensory processing to a child’s behavior
- Discuss application of support strategies
Who Should Attend?
- Teachers/School Support Staff
- Professional Students
- Occupational therapist, physical therapist, speech therapist
For more information, or to register for this education course, please click here
This program is required for all new staff and students working or interning at St. Luke's. Please review the mandatory annual compliance and print the mandatory annual compliance verification page. Submit the verification page to your clinician to be included in your records.
Point of Care Testing
Please review the PowerPoint prior to conducting any testing.