At St. Luke's, we help you maintain an active lifestyle and teach you ways to prevent falls and injury. Using balance training and advice from your doctor or therapist can help you avoid falls.
Some tips to help avoid falls during exercise:
- Adapt your exercise routine for yourself and your unique needs.
- Set appropriate goals for yourself.
- Start small! Start to fit in small workouts or walks.
- Always try to stretch before and after exercising.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help from your personal trainer or physical therapist.
- Wear “sensible shoes” with good support and slip-resistant soles, both indoors and outdoors.