St. Luke's Rehabilitation Institute offers patients the best in quality aquatic therapy as an important part of the rehabilitation process. St. Luke's Downtown offers the unique benefit of aquatic therapy programs with the largest therapy pool in the region.
Click here to view more information.
Aquatic Center Features
- Climate-controlled therapeutic water temperature of 94 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Three to six-foot deep water for versatile treatment techniques.
- Stairs or hydraulic lift to assist patients in and out of the water.
- Locker/shower rooms with changing areas suited for wheelchairs, as well as ambulatory patients.
- Lifeguard-trained pool aide and/or life-safety trained staff.
Aquatics therapy is used to treat a variety of illnesses, injuries and disabilities. Programs include physical exercises and activities designed to improve range of motion, strength, endurance and pain management. Aquatic therapy is offered for:
- Acute and chronic back injuries
- Post-operative care
- Persistent pain
- Athletic injuries
- Orthopedic injuries
- Total joint replacements
- Weight-bearing restrictions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cerebral vascular accidents (stroke)
- Neurological diagnoses
- Pediatric rehabilitation
Independent pool programs are available on a limited basis for patients who have been discharged from therapy and want to continue with an exercise program.
For more information, contact: