St. Luke’s occupational therapists work with patients to assess their physical, visual and mental ability to operate a vehicle safely. Evaluations are measured against benchmarks such as reactionary times, visual acuity and decision-making abilities. Our world-class therapists use this information to guide recommendations, strategies, equipment or training. The goal is to either improve the patient’s ability, or provide an alternate strategy for transportation.
Driver Evaluation Benefits
This program helps patients:
- Maintain their safety and the safety of others
- Receive suggestions for improving upon debilitating issues
- Increase their comfort while driving by using modified equipment
to driving after trauma, such as brain injury and stroke
Helping Patients Thrive
Driver evaluations are effective in maintaining safety for patients with:
- Physical or cognitive limitations or challenges
- Questionable ability to drive
Learn more about Driver Evaluations (PDF).