On This Team, Everybody Wins
Team St. Luke’s started with a simple desire: to give people of all ability levels the opportunity to participate in organized sports and recreation. Our program began in 1995, when five individuals with disabilities came to St. Luke’s looking to participate in organized sports. We saw a clear need, heard their call, and created an adaptive sports program for athletes with many types of physical disabilities. Within four years, Team St. Luke’s launched its first competitive youth team: a wheelchair basketball team with six athletes.
Since its humble beginnings more than two decades ago, Team St. Luke’s has grown into a vibrant, diverse program with dozens of participants. People can take part in a variety of competitive sports and recreational programs that empower them to thrive.
Competitive Sports Programs
Through Team St. Luke’s competitive sports program, athletes of all ability levels can take part in individual and team sports. Some of our team members even go on to pursue college sports, participate in recreational camps, or take part in elite regional and national competitions. Our current offerings include:
- Wheelchair basketball
- Wheelchair rugby
Team St. Luke’s recreational program gives individuals the opportunity to take part in outdoor events offered locally through organizations like Spokane Parks and Recreation. Our current programs include:
- SkiFest: An annual event held at Clear Lake during the fourth weekend of July. Participants have the opportunity to try water skiing, swimming and boating in an all-inclusive environment that fosters peer interaction and socialization.
- Outdoor Recreation Experience: Through this program, Team St. Luke’s participants can enjoy Inland Northwest activities such fishing, archery, hand cycling, canoeing and kayaking.
- Downhill skiing: This educational session is held at Mt. Spokane during the adaptive downhill ski program. The program introduces the adaptive ski equipment to participants, gives them a chance to get to know the instructors and coaches, and provides a fun environment for peer interaction
Other Recreational Programs:
- Nordic skiing - new
- Water skiing
- Hunting education
- Camping education
- Strength and conditioning - new
Tee Up for Team St. Luke's Annual Golf Tournament
Join Team St. Luke’s for our annual Tee Off for Team St. Luke’s, sponsored by Gesa Credit Union! Proceeds from the event go to Team St. Luke's to help all participants in adaptive recreational sports teams.
🏌️Tee times will be between 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. Each team will have the choice of the day and time they prefer (1st come 1st serve basis)
🏌️$150 per golfer, $600 for group of four and $800 for hole sponsor!
- Driving range fee
- Golf cart fee
- Green fees
- Boxed lunches will be provided prior to tee times
- Goodie bags for each golfer
🏌️ Virtual awards ceremony via Zoom with prizes to be delivered by the golf committee following the tournament
To reserve your spot or for more information about sponsorship opportunities call (509) 474-4675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the Team St. Luke’s Calendar.
Support Team St.Luke’s
Team St. Luke’s would not be able to provide such a robust, hands-on program without the support of individual donations and community organizations. We’re incredibly grateful to these community partners:
Sports and recreation offer a uniquely enriching experience for people of all ability levels. To support our mission and programming, please consider making a donation to Team St. Luke’s. Every gift matters.
Join the Team
Team St. Luke’s is home to amazing individuals who want to exercise or compete in athletic events. We welcome people of all ages—2 to 102!—and ability levels. Our members have many disabilities, including:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cerebrovascular Disabilities
- Spina Bifida
- Transverse Myelitis
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Cerebral Palsy
- Vision Impairments
To join Team St. Luke’s, call (509) 473-6232. Although many of our programs are located in and around Spokane, we have additional options available for those living outside of the Spokane area.